- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
Information we collect
We collect the information required to provide outstanding service to all of our users, including both sellers who choose to utilize our email marketing service to advertise their listings and buyers who choose to subscribe to our sellers’ marketing emails.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, sellers who sign up for our service must provide us with their personal information, including their name, email address, eBay ID, and phone number. Buyers who opt to receive our sellers’ marketing emails may be asked for their preference for one type of eBay listing versus another. We may track which emails buyers open and which hyperlinks they click.
- Information eBay gives us. In the course of providing our service, eBay provides us with information about buyers and sellers, including, but not limited to, buyers’ and sellers’ names, eBay IDs, email addresses, items bid on and purchased and prices paid.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our existing services and to develop new ones. We also use this information to provide our users with relevant content that is customized to their interests.
We never sell your information.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about whether you wish to use our services.
Opting out of future communications
Our goal is to only send emails to individuals who wish to receive them. To that end, we make it easy to unsubscribe if you desire. Simply click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every marketing email we send or reply to any marketing email we send with a subject line of ‘Remove’ and we will unsubscribe you from the corresponding email list.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of eBay, ReferABuyer.com, LLC, and, for buyers only, with the seller(s) to whose list you are subscribed, unless otherwise compelled to do so by law.
We work hard to protect our users and our services from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We password-protect many of our services and infrastructure.
- We encrypt many of our services and our data using SSL and other encryption techniques.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to ReferABuyer.com LLC employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.